Home  Page
 
Corner  Store
Location : Corner  Of  131  &  Main Street

The Building In These Photos Has Been Used For Many Different Businesses.

September 1870, Wm. Roudebush, David Jones, And Sylvester Shriner Purchased A Chair Factory Located In Boston, ( Now Owensville )
And Moved To Newtonsville To Become The Newtonsville Chair Factory
In 1873  Wm, Roudebush Became Sole Owner
It's Capacity Was 240 Chairs Daily, With Employment Of About Fifteen

The Factory Burnt And Went Out Of Business In The 1880’s

____________________________________________________________________________

In Later Years H. L. Losey Purchased The Building
Which Then Became A Food Market  /  Post Office  /  Gas Station

_____________________________________________________________________________

Later It Became Known As "Rothmans"
Phurchsed, And Operated By Charlie Rothman For Many Many Years,
Along With His Step-Son Ramond Gregston.

Upon The Passing Of Mr. Rothman, Raymond Became The Owner
The Year is Now 2010, The Buliding Is Still Overseen By Raymond Gregston.


Main Street Early 1900 ~ Circled Image Depicts Towns Well Water Supply
Corner Store

Corner Store
Corner Store ~ Newtonsville Chair Factory ~ 1880's

Corner Store ~ H. Losey - ( Proprietor ) 1930's  -  1940's

On the left, Homer Armstrong,
Homer ran a barber shop on Main Street

On the right is Harry Losey
Harry ran a Grocery Store / Gas Station
and the Post Office
located on the corner of Wright (131)
and Cross Streets (131),
where Rothman's General Store is now located.


Corner Store - Date Unknown
Corner Store ~ Raymond Gregston ~ ( Proprietor )
Photo Taken : April, 2010

                        Corner Store ~ Raymond Gregston ~ ( Proprietor )
L - R:          Larry Fry,  Dick Conwell, Raymond Gregston,  Bill Cordes
Site  Map